This page summarizes my curricular and co-curricular activities and pretty much contains the gist of my varied persona. The résumé given below can be downloaded both in .PDF and .DOC formats.
- To pursue a career in the field of Structural Engineering; to gain experience and contribute in the field of structural design for seismic effects
- Research and Projects
- Structural Design of Reinforced Concrete and Steel Structure for seismic loading for a office building in Memphis, Tennessee (April – May 2004)
- Calculated the loads, member sizes, detailing and connection. Design based on ACI 318, ASCE 7, AISC seismic specifications
- Design of a bridge girder in prestressed concrete and deck in reinforced concrete on US 17 over Wetlands in Chesapeake, VA ( September – December 2003)
- Calculated the various loads, distribution factors. Optimal Design based on AASHTO LFRD design criteria
- Designed and developed a Concrete Mix Design Software ( June – August 2002)
- Calculated the required proportions of cement, coarse aggregate and sand; water – cement ratio; minimum required quantities of cement and water as per SP23-1982.
Download the program and its manual.
- Undergraduate Research ( June 2001 – February 2003 )
- Worked to develop a economical means of
base isolation using scrap tires as isolators
- Responsible for the development of the general testing set up and management of experiments as well as collection and analysis of data
- Study on Castellated Beams ( January – May 2002 )
- Fabricated and studied the deflection properties of castellated beams and compared the results with standard I sections.
- Awards and Honors
- University Rank 2, Bachelor Of Engineering (Civil Engineering) , 2003
- Undergraduate Project selected for “Innovation Potential of Student Projects” by Indian National Academy of Engineering, IIT Delhi; Project featured on breakfast show in National Television. (Oct. 2003)
- Top 0.1% of successful candidates in CBSE 1997
- Recognition as best student during the academic years 2000-2001, 2001-2002, 2002-2003
- Recognition of best outgoing student , Bharath Institute Of Science and Technology (2003)
- Finalist , Discovery Channel Quiz on FM Radio (1997)
- 1st place in two National Level Technical Symposia ; paper presented on “Earthquake Resistant Design using tires as dampers” (2002-2003)
- Student member of the American Society Of Civil Engineers